Dental implants have become an increasingly more popular method to replace missing teeth. For this procedure, a titanium support is surgically fused to the jawbone and is topped with a false, naturally looking replacement tooth. Dental implants can be used for replacing either a single tooth, multiple teeth or as a denture alternative.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implants are extremely natural looking
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
- They last a lifetime
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- Implants are expensive and a major financial investment
- The process of getting implants can be time-consuming and requires multiple visits to the dentist
- There is a chance the surgery fails (roughly 5% of the time)
For more information on dental implants including the risks, benefits, and alternative treatments call our office at (732) 469-6662 or click here today!