Dental Exams and X-Rays
Routine dental exams are important to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Additionally, they can help to avoid the financial costs associated with large treatment plans later on.
How it's done
Your Middlesex NJ family dentist first examines your mouth visually using dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, assorted dental tools, and high-intensity lights. They will look for cracked and decayed teeth, as well as review other important items such as:
- Medical history: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bones around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order.
Additionally, your Middlesex NJ family dentist will take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems, especially in the areas below the gums. Bitewing x-rays are typically taken every 6 to 12 months and a full mouth series (FMX) or panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, is taken every 3-5 years.
To schedule an exam with your Middlesex NJ family dentist, call our office at (732) 469-6662 or click here today!
Can you find the all four wisdom teeth in these x-rays?