Top 6 Teeth Cleaning Habits For Kids
Most kids do get to a point in time that they hate brushing their teeth. However, remember that this is a necessity to ensure they are healthy and happy. While kids may not like brushing their teeth, the earlier you start brushing a child’s teeth, the more likely they will continue with these good habits for the rest of their lives.
6 Habits to Encourage
Habits can be good and bad, when it comes to kids. However, when it comes to brushing their teeth, there are several habits that you can start to encourage in a child so they always have healthy teeth and gums!
1. Brush teeth after breakfast and before bed time every night. This will become a habit and when these kids get older, they automatically are going to do this!
2. Floss daily! You can choose when to do this, as many parents like this to be done before bedtime. The sooner you start flossing, the easier this will be with kids!
3. Teach kids to spit in the sink, rather than swallowing the toothpaste. This is a common issue with many kids. However, the sooner you teach them to do this the better!
4. Encourage kids to brush their gums along with the tooth. The massaging action of the gums is going to help overall oral health!
5. Tell kids to avoid too much sugar as this can damage their teeth. The sooner they learn this lesson, the better off they are going to be.
6. Teach kids to take their time when brushing their teeth. This is not a race, as you never want them to hurry. Hurrying can mean doing a poor job which could put teeth at a disadvantage.
A Few Tips to Get Kids Excited
Getting kids excited about brushing their teeth takes some work. Many parents find that their kids fight them on this, but always remember, their teeth health is just as important as other health aspects.
• Tell them the dangers of not brushing their teeth.
• Praise them when they do a great job in brushing their teeth.
• Make the time you brush their teeth fun!
If your child is having issues with their teeth, please contact Brook-Dental Associates, your family dentist near Bridgewater, NJ. Ignoring any issue big or small can lead to further problems down the line.